Google
What's Karen Up To Calendar

Monday, January 24, 2011

2011 Resolutions

Wow. For a year in which I didn't make new year resolutions, I had quite a huge 2010. Now, I wonder how I would top ...
- going to Honduras for the month of February as a director of Enrich The World to survey, plan and collaborate the 2010 initiatives
- going to Haiti for the month of June on a medical mission with Heart to Heart International
- getting my dream job as an ER nurse at nearby Jersey City Medical Center in July
- becoming an active member of the Jersey City Food Co-op
- organizing my first fundraising enrich-a-thon event for Enrich The World in December
- coordinating and sponsoring 2 amazing Haitian young men to complete their college education in the US within 6 months of returning from Haiti!
- completing 9 runs with the New York Road Runners club to qualify for the 2011 New York Marathon!

As I usually have a long resolution list of about 20 items typically, I've decided to slim my list down to 6 to allow myself some leeway this year for spontaneity/insanity. At a recent dinner, the dinner plate I was given had the attached picture. So it inspired me to dub 2011 as Karen's year of "BRING IT ON".

My list of six:
1 - run the 2011 NY Marathon in a Boston Marathon qualifying time (3:45) -- any suggestions for running groups?
2 - meditate/study Buddhism at least once a month -- I've found from past experience that these offer me rare times of serenity and calmness (anyone try this out yet? http://www.ny.shambhala.org/index.php)
3 - Pursue surrogacy -- Single and flighty, I can't imagine raising a child myself. But, I would like to offer the gift of a child to a worthy couple who has already tried all possible means to conceive. (Any takers?)
4 - Maintain continued focus (commit at least 1 day/month) on my current projects at hand, namely:
5 - Create a spiffier, newer (and less embarrassing) website
6 - Pass the Certified Emergency Nurse exam

Here's to more serendipitous life moments and meeting more random, cute snowmen on the sidewalk in 2011!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?