Google
What's Karen Up To Calendar

Monday, June 28, 2010

Ayiti Day #27 - Orévwa Lèogâne (Good-bye Lèogâne)

I took only ONE picture today. It is a picture of the Lèogâne clinic after I bade my farewells and my car started pulling away bound for Port-au-Prince. I didn't realize how emotionally attached I had gotten to Lèogâne and its people until I found myself totally drained and passed out in the 1 hour car ride back to Port-au-Prince at 10a! The sheer devastation combined with the amiable people instantly enchanted me the first week I was in Lèogâne (I've been here for 3 weeks). In Lèogâne, I was Haitian. I wasn't 'Karen'. I was 'Kaoween'; I even introduced myself as such. Noone forceably peddled their wares to me nor harrassed me. Everyone said 'bon jour' and most kids screamed 'blanc' (white/foreigner) when they saw me and I would scream back 'noir' (black) or 'jaune' (yellow). People wanted to practice their English with me and I would try my petit petit of Creole on them. This 3 week experience of living and working in Leogane is EXACTLY the type of immersion to a foreign country and its people I was seeking to find in my new life as a nurse. I am so extremely fortunate to have this opportunity so early in my career. Maybe I will not even consider travelling to any other countries for aid missions in the future as Haiti will be in need of help for generations to come. After 10+ years of travelling to 41 countries, I think the travelbug has finally been knocked out of me...

Comments:
There are hundreds of websites and blogs available on the web for people to visit to help them begin using coupons effectively, share deals, get advice and exchange information
on tips and deals. These control the rudder, the rigging or any
other similar parts. We are a one income family; I am a stay at home mom.


Here is my homepage: www.Live-cricket-score.Net
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?